Weekend - Aug 6th, 7th & 8th

The past weekend (Aug 7th & 8th - I am quite late in publishing this post) was quite laid back. I had a long day of interviews on Friday(8/6/2010). I was excited that the interviews went well and at the same time exhausted. I wanted to think of something other than the interviews and eat, drink and be merry  during the weekend. But all I could think of was the interview. I kept reminiscing everything that happened during each interview and was justifying why I thought I would or wouldn't get the offer.

Friday evening there was this surprise birthday party for S arranged by his wife P at Bothell Landing. We got home, changed and went to FM to get some gift for the birthday boy. An idea struck me, like an apocalypse, to get him a portable grill. A wanted to get him the charcoal grill, something to do with the taste, he says. We reached the park at 10 minutes to 7pm and yet there was no one. Finally the couple got there at 7:20 pm. And with them came boat loads of food. Man! It was like a wedding feast. We played badminton and frisbee. Other people trooped in after few more minutes. Corns were barbecued and the cake was cut at 8:20 pm. Chips with guacamole was devoured. Everyone jumped straight to the main course - roti, chole, biryani, soy bean pulao, raita, mango custard, and some other non veg stuff. I stopped when my stomach took the shape and size of a volley ball. Finally, the leftovers were packed into ziplocs and car was reloaded with the rest of the stuff. We got back home at 10:30 pm. Tired after the long day, we just hit the bed.

On Saturday, A had work to catch up with. We made tofu noodles and had it with the tofu bowl that A brought back from his lunch the previous day. We went to Lucky Strike for a game of free bowling with S and C. Courtsey, some coupon off slickdeals for the national bowling week. After the game, we did the usual groceries and got back home at 6:45pm. S & C had called us over for dinner. Soup, Pasta, dumpling, soy nuggets and root beer float! I know, I stuffed myself again. And then, we watched Tere Bin Laden with them.

On Sunday, A caught up with the rest of his work and we did some more groceries and cooking for the next week. Bharwan karela, palak sambhar. Plus, a lot of left overs. Now you know why I diet during the week - I make up for it during the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment